St. George Spring Break

Just like the rest of the world, we haven't traveled in a year. We all have been going stir crazy and really wanted to get out for a quick get away over spring break. We thought about the beach, but opted for a destination we could drive too: St. George, Utah.


Southern Utah is magical. There really is no other place on earth like it. The red rock desert mixed with exotic land formations and the occasional pop of green foliage make for a unique and exiting adventure. 


We had never actually stayed in St. George. I did a bunch of research of where to stay, where to eat and what to do. I think it turned out really well if I do say so myself. 

We stayed at the Las Palmas Resort in Condo 1801. This resort and condo are awesome! The complex has lots of pools and hot tubs. Plus there are play grounds everywhere. We were on the bottom floor and our patio opened up right to playground. We would just open the door and let the girls go play while we enjoyed dinner and a glass of wine on the patio. We could just sit and watch them. It was so nice. Also the condo had everything we needed. The bedrooms were nice with big king beds. We had a fully stocked kitchen which allowed us to bring and cook food. There were TVs in all the bedrooms. The girls thought this was so cool! Plus, I got my very own bathroom for the whole weekend, it was magical.


Day 1:
We drove to Snow Canyon State Park. This destination is incredible. We hiked the petrified sand dunes. These are perfect for kids to scramble up and play on. Even our 2 year old could climb up some of them.  After this we went and played in the actual sand dunes that are located just down the road in the park. I think the girls could have played all day. Make sure to bring shovels and buckets for the kids to play with. I also saw kids with big pieces of cardboard "sledding" down the dunes. I'm doing that next time!





We spent every afternoon at the pool or local splash pad. We swam in the pools at the resort, but also took a trip to Thunder Junction All Abilities Park to check out the playground and splash pad. After our cold winter/spring I was happy to spend every afternoon soaking up some rays and enjoying my iced coffee poolside. 





We hit Snow Canyon one more time. We wanted to hike the Lava Tubes Trail and go check out the caves. If you plan to do this, bring head lamps and a strong flash light. Your phone flashlight will not be useful, I though it would be fine. I was wrong. However, the caves were so cool! The first one is a bit tricky to climb into with little people. So we watched others. But the second cave was fairly accessible. Porter climbed down with Elora in his backpack. Aria climbed all by herself. This cave was huge! We had a blast exploring it as much as we could. We want to go back with proper gear and see if we can see the bats who live there. 







This trip was a quick drive and very doable with toddlers. We had a great time and the girls are already begging to go back!




 I haven't seen Aria fall asleep at 5pm for a long time. She hiked so much and played all afternoon in the pools she was exhausted by the end of it all. I felt like I did my job as a parent on this trip! lol!








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We are moving to Australia!

What happens backstage...doesn't always stay backstage

Going Green!