This is a movie I threw together on iTunes of all the places we visited in England and Scotland this last August. I told Porter that I have recovered and am ready to go on another European adventure!
This past weekend I planned a trip for us to visit the White Cliffs of Dover. I had an old song book as a child with a song "The White Cliffs of Dover" in it and an illustration of an army officer and beautiful lady singing by the cliffs. I've always wanted to see the them. So we rented a car and headed out. The only car we were able to find was a manual. Porter was less than excited to drive a stick shift on the opposite side, but he was a trooper and did great. I should mention that he also drove this car through the heart of London. I don't know how he did it, I would have cried the first 10 minutes and gone home. I may add that he did have a pretty great navigator, it may have made the drive a wee bit better. It took us about an hour to get out of the city and then an hour to the coast in Kent. Our first stop of the day was Dover Castle. This fabulous castle is a top the majestic Cliffs of Dover. It is surprisingly...
When we finished packing up and moving our house we landed at my Dad's house in Hooper. We set up our bed, dressers and TV in my old room as sort of a crash pad. We also brought some big furniture items up there for storage. We pretty much exploded into the house, plus we had the pets which added a whole other level of craziness to this situation. We each had 2 large suitcases, 1 small suitcase and a backpack full of clothes and bits and pieces that we would need for the next two months. Everything else is either in storage on on a boat that is lost at sea, who even can guess where, I just sure hope I see my Dyson vacuum and VitaMix blender, and all my fab dresses from Endless Indulgence again, but for now we live out of these. I made sure Porter set up the TV and Netflix before he went gallivanting the day after we moved, up to Park City for an awesome user conference his company was hosting (Digital Disruption) at Stein Erikson Lodge in Park ...
A Kiss for the new year! 2010 has been a good year I think. Sure there were ups and downs but we made it just fine. January I'm trying to think of what happened in January.....it was so long ago. Porter was traveling a lot with his job at Flextronics and I was in rehearsal for Fiddler on the Roof at Hale Center Theatre. February We had a lovely Valentine's day at Sanctuary Day Spa (which I highly recommend!) Porter was choreographing Footloose at The Empress Theatre while going to school and working full time which included lots of travel. I opened Fiddler on the Roof and my good friend Kim basically lived at our house which was awesome! I became a vegetarian after reading up on the horrors of Factory Farms. March We did the electrical work in our basement. Porter was laid off from his job at Flextronics so I put him to work on a patio out in the garden. I continued performing at Hale and working at Dancing Moose. I began an obsession with goat cheese. April Porter was ...
Comments
Post a Comment