Italian Babymoon 2016: Florence

You Guys!  It's been a hot minute hasn't it?   So life with a baby is crazy, which is normal I think.  I completely abandoned my blog.  And middle saga no less.  I still have 2 posts to go on the Babymoon.  Never mind that the baby bump in this first picture is now almost a toddler, but I digress.  I have so many more posts to share of our travels and life.  So let's get to it.  

Florence was our 3rd stop in Italy.  I was so excited to see the sculptures, and eat the gelato.  However, when we got to our hotel room, I was in love.  Our bed was gorgeous, and the best thing was the fact that they had air conditioning!!!  I just wanted to lay in the nice cool bed and sleep.  The bump was looking quite on point, so I had to snap a picture of the bump and the room.  We stayed at Art Atelier

When Porter was finally able to rouse me from my lovely nap we jumped up to head out the door.  However, Porter jumped a little too much and his phone went flying.


Our very first stop in Florence was to the Apple store to get his screen fixed.  But after that we walked around and took in the sights. 

The Duomo


Florence Cathedral


The Medici Chapel 





Outside of where the David statue is, there is an exact replica.  The statue was originally supposed to be outside, but to keep it out of the elements it was moved inside and this one was set up in it's place.  


There are statues all over of the city!


Piazza della Signoria


Uffizi Gallery
Gallery full of Renaissance Masterpieces!


The Ponte Vecchio



 Believe it or not, I was sick of Italian food by the time we got to Florence.  I could only eat pasta and pizza because of the baby.  So when I saw a Hard Rock Cafe I pretty much ran inside and ordered the biggest plate of Nachos the had.  Mommy and baby were both happy. 


The next morning we went into a ton of museums, my favorite being the Uffzi Gallery.  I LOVE Venus Rising.  It's one of my all time favorite paintings.  


Florence was quick stop for us as we jumped on a high speed train to Venice.  I would definitely go back to Florence to wander amidst the grand statues with my ice cold gelato. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

St. George Spring Break

Italian Babymoon 2016: Venice