Thrifty Thursday

Last week I did laundry.  Such a small word 'laundry,' but such a lot of baggage is attached to it.  I HATE it! I LOATHE it!  I absolutely detest it from the bottom of my soul!  I love clean clothes, but doing laundry is the one chore I have nightmares about.  It's not the actual sorting and washing, it's the putting away that I dread.  We live in an old home, built in the 1930's, and apparently back then they didn't believe in big closets.  Our closet is bursting at the seams.  We have two extra supports in it just to keep the rod from bending.  This makes putting clothes away very hard, and somewhat scary, I swear one day the closet is going to eat me!

Porter hates doing laundry too.  So, last week we decided to 'purge' the closet.  I stood up and went through Porter's clothes, anything I hadn't seen him wear in the past year was put on trial.  He had to justify it's place in the closet and if he couldn't, it got sacked (quite literally got thrown in the goodwill bag).  Then it was my turn... He went through my dresses.  It was hard, I had to think fast and use my quick wit and feminine wiles if I was to save my beauties.  Alas, I ended up parting with about 20 items.  But there is a happy ending to this story.

Our closet has space in it! The Laundry doesn't scare me anymore and I was was able to take my clothing to Pibb's Exchange, a local store in Sugar House, and sell it.  With my new found pocket money I bought a new dress and had money left over.  Which brings me to the title of my post....

Thrifty Thursday!!! I am such a bargain hunter, I feel like every time I go to a thrift store it's a grand treasure hunt.  Sometimes I like it more than shopping at regular stores.  I have a circuit of store that I like to hit up.  Every Thursday I'm going to try and post about some of the stores I've visited and the treasures I've found.

Today I'm starting with an H&M dress I found at Pibb's Exchange for $7.00.  Because I sold clothing there, I had store credit, so it actually was practically free!  I like to think of Pibbs as a community closet.  I buy clothes, wear them, then take them back, sell them, and buy new clothes that I put through the cycle again.  It's pretty fun.  If you like exciting, unique or vintage clothing you should check them out!


Comments

  1. Sounds like fun to me. Let me know where and when you guys may be in a show. I'm going to the Empress tomorrow to see the Spitfire Grill. Jason and I watched it a couple of weeks ago and got to get back. I'm hoping to find a day when McKenzie can take vocal from you again. She is as tall as me now at age 12 on Monday. I don't want her to grow up.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

St. George Spring Break

Italian Babymoon 2016: Venice

Italian Babymoon 2016: Florence