L-O-V-E

We celebrated our Grandma Bea's birthday in early February.  It was so fun to see her and all the family.  I LOVE spending time with all of them.  I also LOVE red velvet cake.  And because her birthday was so close to Valentine's Day I decided to make her a birthday cake of red velvet cupcakes.  She LOVED it as did everyone else, especially me!  I had seconds, and didn't regret a single crumb.  It was the last family gathering at her home as her life situation is changing and she is moving.  It was definitely a bitter-sweet gathering.  We helped move many of her belongings.  She gave us a bunch of food storage.  We are all prepared for the zombie apocalypse, just fyi.
 The cousins or more affectionately the FAMBAM.  I LOVE them.
This was the most awesome mountain man I found at Costco.  I asked to have my picture taken with him.  He told me he was 723 months old. I wish I could remember his name because it quite epic, but alas it was long and he said it very fast.  I LOVE the antlers coming out of his hat.
 The poodles threw this together for V-Day.  I must say, I went through a lot of dog treats that day.  I just can't get enough poodle kisses!  I LOVE my babies!!!
 This is me and my LOVE at the New Yorker for Valentine's Day.  We put on some fabulous clothes and got all swanky for our night on the town.  He even had us use the valet service so I didn't have to walk very far in the cold.  Seriously, I married such a gentleman, and totally a Hotty McHot Pants!  
 We dined on lobster.  It was delicious, however, I have never had the entire lobster brought to me.  Usually I just get the tail, you know the other two times I've had lobster in my life.  I didn't like all the legs and eyeballs and guts and stuff.  I had to pull all the meat out and get rid of the shell.  Creepy!!!  And I felt so bad, all I could think of was the little guys getting steamed to death so that I could have dinner.  So, was it delicious and so so soooo yummy?  Yes!  Will I get whole lobster again, probably not.  Porter did LOVE his lobster though.  And we had a grand evening out.  Hurray for LOVE.
I know many people dislike V-Day.  Some people think its silly to get all excited about one day and that we should just show love all the time.  Well, I agree.  We should show love all the time, however it's important to get excited and celebrate your love every once in a while.  It's nice to make it special.  Now, I don't care if Porter takes us out to fancy restaurants, I mean it's nice and I'm not complaining, but the fact that he remembered and made reservations, and told me to get dressed up made it fun.  I really would be fine if he was like, "Baby, we're going to Noodles!"  But I think it's important in relationships to have special days and times where you do stuff to celebrate your LOVE.  Relationships are hard.  Marriage is hard.  And man, if you can work together to put each other first and work through all the hoopla that we call life, and still like each other at the end of the day I think that is definitely something worth celebrating!  I love LOVE!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

St. George Spring Break

Italian Babymoon 2016: Venice

Italian Babymoon 2016: Florence