On the Coast

 My Grandma and Grandpa Fair live on the Coast in Rockaway, OR.  It's 10 minutes from the Tillamook Cheese Factory, which is very dangerous, we ate ice cream everyday we were there.  Their home has the best view ever!  The picture above is from their back yard.  It overlooks some tide pools  in the channel right before you cross the bar into the Pacific Ocean. So they basically live right on the ocean.  My grandpa loves fishing.  He has a big boat that he takes out to catch Tuna, Salmon, crab and lots of other things.  That's the reason they live there.  They were in the process of re-roofing their house, so we stayed close to town and just had fun visiting with them and toodling around the different beach towns.
This was a beach by Pacific City, there was a great little restaurant we ate at called The Pelican Brewery. It was right on the water.  However, beaches here are cold!  We only waded, no swimming for us.
 I loved that giant rock out in the ocean.  It seemed like the kind that would have a secret tunnel on it somewhere that would lead to some sort of super hero's super secret hideout.......maybe I've seen a few too many spy/super hero movies lately....maybe.
 We also visited a Blimp hanger that had an air museum inside.  The Blimp hanger was monstrous!
 My grandpa took us out on his boat, it was really fun!
 Us and Miss Ginger L
The Harbor in Garibaldi Bay

The Ocean around Sunset from the boat.
We stopped at a french cheese tasting place that also had a petting zoo.  I found a Llama!  He was my best friend in the world, as long as I was giving him alfalfa pellets.  Llamas are so cute, I tried to talk Porter into letting us get one.  He said he'll think about it.  Fingers crossed people!
The hubster!
 He liked driving our rental car!  
 My favorite part of the rental car.....the sunroof!  I had Porter drive around some of the side roads just so I could stand up and poke my head out and wave to people.  Best joy riding ever!

My cute grandparents and their sweet puppies!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

St. George Spring Break

Italian Babymoon 2016: Venice

Italian Babymoon 2016: Florence