Portland and Vancouver

 I've been a little MIA from the blog for the past month.  We've been busy traveling, finishing up summer semester and finals, and working a lot!  It's nice to finally have a weekend to just relax.  We went and saw the Dark Knight Rising last night and then hit up a garage sale and the Farmer's Market this morning.  I feel like I finally have juice to clean the house and do a little housekeeping on the blog. We went to the Northwest Coast a few weeks ago to visit family.  So, I'm going to divide each place into it's own post.

We began in Portland, OR and Vancouver, WA.  My Grandparents live there and so does my Uncle and Aunt.  My other Aunt, Nancy, came up with her family, and my dad flew up as well.  It was a fun little reunion.
 While there we went bowling with all the cousins.  This is Chloe holding a bowling ball almost as big as she is!  She has the most beautiful long hair.  Everyday I would try to talk her into letting me play with it and braid it, and she was nice enough to let me.
 We also hit up this new movie theatre, Cinetopia, that has a place called 'The Parlor Room.'  It is the nicest movie theatre ever!  They have these giant couches and over stuffed arm chairs for you to snuggle on and they bring you dinner during the movie, and the best thing: It's 21 and over, so no kids! We enjoyed watching our movie in style.
 Nancy and Jarrod liked it too!
 Later that night we bought fireworks to light off for the 4th of July.  However, Jarod lit the first one and it let off the loudest noise that scared the kids.  We looked around and they had run up on the porch trying to hide.  It was so sad and yet hysterical all at the same time.
 Chloe was not sure about the sparklers, it took some coaxing to get her to hang on to one.
 However, Gavin loved his!
The last day we were in the area we went to Multnomah Water falls.  It was beautiful!
 Chloe came with me and Porter.  She kind of adopted us for the weekend.  She would keep asking people if they wanted to ride in her car (our rental) and saying she was on our team.  It was very cute, and she is adorable!  It kinda makes me want one (but I didn't say that out loud.)  Being with Jarrod and Nancy and Chloe (5) and Gavin (2) was definitely an eye opener on how much work kids are.  Ummm, I think wait a little longer.  It's nice being footloose and fancy free!
 Lastly, we stopped at Voodoo Doughnuts, that place was delicious.  Wh had to wait in a line that was out the door and down the sidewalk, but it was worth it!  You must go here if you ever visit Portland.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

St. George Spring Break

Italian Babymoon 2016: Venice

Italian Babymoon 2016: Florence