Happy Holidays 2013

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!  We had an awesome holiday season.  I was kept busy planning and performing in several music programs.  I love Christmas music though, so I didn't mind.  I planned and produced Encore's recital, which you can see highlights in my previous post.  I also, sang at my high school drama teacher's (Mrs. Nelson) funeral.  I was honored to be a part of such a special event for her.  She was such a big part of my high school years and I am so grateful for all the opportunities, love, and time she gave so willingly to me and to all my other classmates.  She will be missed by many.   I planned entertainment and performed for our church's Christmas Party.  I was nervous as I chose a lot of non-traditional music, but I received rave reviews and so many sweet compliments.  I was so happy that it was a hit!  Finally, Porter, Kit, Rachel and I performed in our Christmas service.  It was nice to sing with family.  We did "Three Kings" from The Forgotten Carols.  It was a great way to round out our Christmas season.  I love music at Christmas time because it brings me closer to the true spirit of Christmas and the reason for the season: Christ.  We had many gatherings, laughs, games, good food, family fun, I'm sad holiday season 2013 is over.  However I am so excited for 2014.  Big changes are coming for our little family.  I can't discuss all my feelings of what is brewing, but hopefully by spring we will have a better idea of where we are headed.   For now here are some clips of our holidays, plus a video of a pole performance I choreographed and performed in last week.  I'm the green fairy.


Mrs. Nelson's funeral:  Former students singing "You'll Never Walk Alone" one of her favorite songs from the musical Carousel.

Holidays Highlights 2013!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

St. George Spring Break

Italian Babymoon 2016: Venice

Italian Babymoon 2016: Florence