Let Me Sum Up. Part 2

When we finished packing up and moving our house we landed at my Dad's house in Hooper.  We set up our bed, dressers and TV in my old room as sort of a crash pad.  We also brought some big furniture items up there for storage.  We pretty much exploded into the house, plus we had the pets which added a whole other level of craziness to this situation.  We each had 2 large suitcases, 1 small suitcase and a backpack full of clothes and bits and pieces that we would need for the next two months.  Everything else is either in storage on on a boat that is lost at sea, who even can guess where, I just sure hope I see my Dyson vacuum and VitaMix blender, and all my fab dresses from Endless Indulgence again, but for now we live out of these.



I made sure Porter set up the TV and Netflix before he went gallivanting the day after we moved, up to Park City for an awesome user conference his company was hosting (Digital Disruption) at Stein Erikson Lodge in Park City.  I actually went and joined him on his last night so that I could run him to the airport early the next morning.  His hotel room was crazy.  It was bigger than our house.  The bed was so large that I felt like I was sleeping alone, I could roll all the way over and still not touch Porter, who was on the other side.  It was a super fun room!

I forgot to add that in that crazy week of moving, I GRADUATED!!!!!

Master of Education with a Certificate in Adult Education



All my classmates were pretty excited too!

 I also need to give a huge shout out to this guy right here.  He was my rock during school.  I had some pretty ugly melt-downs during my thesis and other large assignments.  He was always there to motivate me, give me positive reassurance, and sometimes just hold me when crying was the only option.  He cheered me on, and helped me to believe with determination and and handwork I can achieve anything.  I love this guy some much.  I feel he should be awarded an honorary M.Ed for all the hours he spent with me.

After Porter returned from Amsterdam, we had another leg of our Farewell Tour: Hamilton, Montana to see my Mom and Grandparents.

We had a lovely stay, although it was so COLD!  We went from 90 degree weather in Utah to 60 degrees and rainy up there.  My grandparents actually started a fire to heat up the house.  I love Montana, it is so relaxing.  Porter and I were joking that it's the only vacation we ever take that we actually just sit down and relax.  Every other vacation, we want to get out and see and do things.  There is just something about their quiet little valley that is so peaceful.  My mom introduced me to my Grandparent's miniature donkeys.  I can't remember all their names, but the white one in front is Macy, she is the naughty one.  She does whatever she pleases.  She is very sweet however and loves a good rump rub from anyone who is willing.


We went to breakfast at the Coffee Cup Cafe.  These caramel and pecan smothered cinnamon rolls were to DIE for.  Seriously, it's worth a trip to Hamilton just to have one of these babies.  Although, you have to get there early or they run out.  We nabbed the last ones, bwhahahaha!


Later, my Grandpa took me for a ride in his trucks.  I had to inspect the fleet and make sure everything was shipshape.  He has such a fun little collection of vintage cars.  I just wish he hadn't of sold his sweet Corvette, then the collection would be complete.




I tried to get them all to do a "selfie" with me.  Not too bad for their first one.  I don't think my grandpa knew when we were taking the photo.

We drove home from Montana on a Monday morning.  The trip went fast, and it was hard to say goodbye.  I may or may not have cried for most of the drive.  But life keeps moving onward.  Porter's mom let us borrow her car for the road trip, and we loved it!  I think Porter and I are in agreement that upon returning to the states, we are buying a new car.  No more of this old, broken car stuff.  

When we got back to Hooper we had a few days to recover till the final wave of the Farewell Tour hit. My Aunt and Uncle and their kids were staying in Hooper at my Dad's as well.  He had a full house!  It was so nice to spend time with them and catch up.  They live in San Francisco so we don't see them much.  The kids wanted to go fishing so Kit and Rachel took us down to the bird refuge for a little bit of fun.  This is a carp that Rachel hooked.


Chloe loved fishing!


Kit and I had a rough time reeling in these Perch, they really made us work!  Just kidding.  These silly little guys kept jumping on our line.  We were joking: In this family we either go big or go home, and in this case we should probably just go home.


Later, Porter taught Chloe and Gavin the art of killing Dragons on Skyrim.  They loved it.


Puck was determined to get some loves from Nancy, whether she liked it or not.


We also had a Bon Voyage Party for Family.  We had BBQ and yummy potluck, played volleyball and kickball, and basically had on last big hurrah before heading out.  It was nice to spend that time with good people. 


 And finally, Porter said goodbye to his office.  His last day was bitter sweet as he is so excited for his new role at HireVue and yet sad to leave what he has known and loved for the past 4 years.  He has some many great friends there, I know he will miss them a lot  and I'm sure they will miss him equally.


Onward HO!

Comments

  1. We miss you guys! We're praying for your transition :)

    -Alison :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alison! We miss you guys. Our neighbors aren't as cool as you guys. Hope you are having a nice summer!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

St. George Spring Break

Italian Babymoon 2016: Venice

Italian Babymoon 2016: Florence