Funny Food

First off, isn't this cross stitch the cutest thing EVER?!  My super talented friend Ali made this for a going away/house warming gift for us.  I just can't even get over it.  She even put in a tardis.  It's in our living room and I look at it every day so I thought I would share it with you.  If you are a cross stitcher, the base for this pattern comes from Satsuma Street.  Head over and check our her fab designs.

Now for the Food....honestly a lot is still the same.  Packaging is smaller, food is overall more expensive and it doesn't last very long.  England has this crazy idea that putting chemicals in food to make it have a shelf life of 10+ years is maybe bad for us.  Thus the food is super fresh and tastes delicious.  The only drawback is that I have to head to the grocery store every other day or so.  While at the store I have run into some funny items I thought I would share:

Banana Milk

Salad Cream (what is salad cream?  It's every where over here.  I haven't tried it yet though)

Pickled Walnuts?

Prawn and cocktail chips, everything over here has a prawn and cocktail flavor.

Bottled "American" hot dogs, from what I remember, we don't eat bottled hot dogs.

Foam Banans

Remember how I said everything has prawn and cocktail, well prawn (shrimp) candy.

But hey, at least the candy is veggie, that means it's healthy, right?

I had to add this one for my cousin, who thinks bagged milk is crazy.  They do it to save on plastic.  So you buy your bag of milk, then take it home and pour it into whatever container you desire.

So there are some odd food items, but let's get onto the food I love:
CHOCOLATE
The chocolate over here is amazing.


And I think this might be Porter's favorite: Marshmallow creme and nutella together.

But the best thing about Great Britain is tea time!  Hight Tea is like an entire meal.  There is tea, sandwiches, scones, cakes, veggies, it's delicious.


 However, I haven't forgotten my beloved Ruby Snap.  These cookies are one of the foods I miss the most.  I also miss good watermelon, spaghetti squash, and pumpkin (although I finally found some at a Waitrose yesturday).



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

St. George Spring Break

Italian Babymoon 2016: Venice

Italian Babymoon 2016: Florence