"I'm gettin' married in the Morning"


We had a wedding on Saturday. Porter's little sister, Mckenzie, got hitched! I feel like it has been in the works for so long, I can't believe it's done! They were planning since January, and I was helping Kenzie with her hair and make-up and other misc. things so it's seems like we were planning for so long, and then suddenly the wedding was here.

We got up at the crack of dawn, alarm goes off at 5:45 am, and we get up and start the crazy day. Porter went and picked Kenzie up so we could get started with the beautification process. It was very fun. We did a lovely hair do with loose curls and a few choice pieces swooped up. I thought it was so funny, she thought that I was putting to much "poof" in the hair. I on the other hand disagreed, I was like," you should see some of my theatre friends, they can have major poof in in their bumps!" And p.s. I LOVE volume in hair, so I kept trying to make nice and voluminous. I think we reached a happy medium. Then, with her make-up, I did a lot of natural colors: browns, cremes, golds, rust, and a little bit of shimmering melon color to liven things up. She looked absolutely gorgeous! I was very proud. Porter was calling her my masterpiece. After all, she was the first bride I've every made up.

The wedding was beautiful. It was also fun to see a bunch of the family that we don't get to see very often. At the luncheon, Porter and I sang "All I Ask of You" from The Phantom of the Opera. I love having a man I can perform with! It was a very nice performance I thought. After that, we took a bunch of pictures, then onto the reception. It was a long day......but very much worth it. We were at the church until around 10pm cleaning everything up.

Afterward, Porter took us out for maggie moo's ice cream. Ahhh, it was like nectar from the gods! I wore heels the whole day....yes, I know, ridiculous, but what can I say...I love pain. Not really, I thought we would have time to go home and change before the reception, but apparently, I was wrong. So my feet were on fire. I have never felt a burning so intensely before in my life. I think I'm taking the whole next week off from wearing heels. When we finally got home, we put on the movie "Pirate radio," Porter told me the next morning, that I didn't even make it through the opening credits before I was out cold. I woke up in my bed, so I'm assuming that at some point I did a fun little zombie walk into the bedroom.

It was a beautiful wedding and I am so happy for Kenzie and Julio!!! I wish them all the best for a wonderful new life together. In the the guest book Porter wrote something very sweet, simple, and profound that I whole heart idly agree with. It's simple. Just love each other.

Comments

  1. She did look very beautiful... nice job on the hair and makeup!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

St. George Spring Break

Italian Babymoon 2016: Venice

Italian Babymoon 2016: Florence