Veggie Burgers

Porter has really jumped onto this whole natural food kick I've been on. Which is fabulous! It makes eating together, and discussing our grocery list so much easier. He even has been cooking alot more. He makes me breakfast every morning, and not just pop tarts and a box juice, I'm talking about fresh made egg sandwiches with sauteed mushrooms! He is turning into a 5 star chef!

We've been trying a bunch of new recipes lately. A few nights ago, Porter was like, "we should try to make our own veggie burgers." So, we began slicing, shredding and cutting up many different veggies. Everything was going well until we got to the part where it said we should use a food processor....well we don't own a food processor, but we had a magic bullet. Let's just say, it's not so magic. It took FOREVER to grind everything up. But, an hour later we had delicious veggie burgers! We even put A1 Steak Sauce on them. I think A1 is the reason I loved steak so much. They were fabulous. The only think that was different from a real burger was the texture, they were a bit softer to chew. But I didn't mind.

Lessons learned from this little experiment:

  • We need a food processor
  • I could drink A1
  • dogs won't eat the leftovers

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

St. George Spring Break

Italian Babymoon 2016: Venice

Italian Babymoon 2016: Florence