Roman Antiques and the Tower

We were able to visit this awesome Roman Theatre in Lyon. The acoustics were amazing!
So amazing, in fact, that I sang for our group. I sang a song that has this super high note at the end. When I sang it, the whole place rang. So incredibly cool. I'm really glad Porter pressured me to get up and sing. Porter and I also tap danced and sang a little "Suddenly Seymour" for the group.



And then Porter called upon Zeus, in a very theatrical kind of way, psh, actors!



Then we visited an old Roman Arena in Neme. It was in great condition.




I feel like I need to go watch "Gladiator" again. Did you know that the Romans could empty the entire seating area in just a few minutes? There were a lot of passage ways that led right out to the street. We climbed all the way to the very top for this picture. It was very windy up there.





One of the passage ways.




Just down the street was an amazing Roman Temple. It is actually the 2nd best preserved temple there is. It was beautiful.




We also saw a Roman Aqueduct. This one took water to the town of Neme, which was a very important city for trade. This aqueduct is the largest and best preserved in the world.







The Eiffel Tower




We made it to the top!!!





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

St. George Spring Break

Italian Babymoon 2016: Venice

Italian Babymoon 2016: Florence