Oh Costco, how I LOVE thee!

On Friday, Porter and I had a little adventure.  We went to Costco, and it was amazing!  The moment I found out we were moving to the U.K.  I started planning how I would get the same products that I love in the states.  A lot of those products come from Costco.  Costco and I are in a committed relationship.  So you can imagine my joy when I discovered they have Costco over here.  Better, yet there is one in Croydon, which is about 30 minutes from Wimbledon.  I told Porter that we had to go. 

Porter joined a car sharing company call ZipCar, it's pretty great.  We pay £10 a month and then we can rent a car that is literally a 2 minute walk away for £7 an hour.  We don't pay for fuel, maintenance, nothing.  It's not good for renting for road trips, but it's great to zip around town.  Porter reserved our zip car for Friday afternoon and away we went to Costco.

We were in heaven.  It looks just like the one back home although the products are a little different and there is a huge spirits section.  Coming from Utah, they don't have those in ours.  I think that section was twice the size of entire liquor stores back home.  They had a lot of yummy British products like sticky toffee pudding, meat pies, great sea food, huge packs of clotted cream and boxes of pain au chocolate.  There was also many items that were the same as back home like: olive oil, balsamic vinegar, tortilla chips, salsa, and Stacy's pita chips.  We took the opportunity to restock our house on many essentials, plus a few yummy impulse buys.  I think it was the most money we have ever spent in one go at Costco.  However, we only want to go out there once a month-ish, not weekly like we used to, so I should get used to larger trips.  Our trip was so big we needed 2 trollies (that means "shopping cart" in British.

My friend Ali loves these flying saucers.  Flying Saucers are two thin wafers with fizzy candy in the middle. I was so excited when I found a huge tub of them.  So Ali: just another reason to come visit..wink, wink, nudge, nudge ;)


Oh Costco, how I love thee!  Thanks for always being there to comfort me with all your lovely bulk items that satisfies the American consumer in me.  


P.S. I am in love with my new bird cage umbrella!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

St. George Spring Break

Italian Babymoon 2016: Venice

Italian Babymoon 2016: Florence