All Stuffed Up

I had surgery on Thursday. I haven't had surgery since I was in the 4th grade and had my tonsils out. All I remember of that was a stuffed teddy bear, lots of Popsicles and taking my shriveled tonsils to show and tell the next Friday. All in all a pretty harmless experience. So when we opted to have my deviated septum fixed, I was like this will be no big deal.
I get alot of sinus infections that result in my voice running away and hiding for a few weeks at a time, which as a singer and vocal teacher is no good. My ENT (who is great!) told me that I had a deviated septum, and also my terbinates were a little lope sided. He said he could fix them with surgery and that I would probably get a lot less infections.


I went in for my surgery at 10 am on Thursday. I was really scared to get an IV, but my nurse was fantastic and it really didn't hurt. I actually think it hurt more taking it out. We waited and I finally went to the operating room around 12pm. The procedure took about an hour. All I remember was a nice warm fuzzy feeling. Apparently I was really chatty after I woke up, I also kept telling everyone I liked the anesthesia and would like some more. Haha! I like my sleep!
I went home feeling quite woozy hopped up on a bunch of stuff. All I wanted was Gatorade and goldfish. I've been healing well, but more than a few hours up and I wear out. I'm hoping by Tuesday I will be up to my full schedule. The Doctor said everything went well. I really want to sing and find out how my voice sounds, but I need to wait a bit to do that.


After surgery, Porter having sympathy nose bleeds with me.
(P.S. me showing you pics of me with no make-up strung out on pain meds totally makes us real friends now!)


Today we went to Sage's, a vegetarian cafe, for breakfast. We met up with our friends Ali and Jon, they are very fun! We always enjoy getting together with them and enjoying delicious food while discussing the world :-) Plus it was so nice to get out of the house since I have been stuck on the couch for 4 days. Yay for Sunday Brunch!!! Oh, I got the apple frittata(above), it was quite yummy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

St. George Spring Break

Italian Babymoon 2016: Venice

Italian Babymoon 2016: Florence