Living the Real Simple Life



Living the 'real' simple life. This is a great clip! I am such a huge fan of gardening and trying to grow your own food even if you live in the city, like I do. This family grows all their own food on only a 5th of an acre, a 5th! Can you believe that??? That is how much land we have and I can't imagine growing everything we would need. They also have chickens, ducks and a goat. Oh, and I must thank my lovely mama from the clip, she sent it too me.

After watching this, I turned to Porter, who immediately gave me that look of "I know what you are thinking" and said, "no, honey I don't want to be a farmer." He is so funny! Little does he know, I'm slowly converting more and more of the yard to garden space, and I have plans to get chickens some day. Hehe!

Also, just a little tip. If you want to grow some fresh food but don't have alot of room or time to grow a huge garden, I have an idea. Last year I bought a big pot at Home Depot for $20 and filled it with dirt($6) and then bought some of my favorite herbs: basil, oregano, thyme and parsley ($12) and planted them. I put the pot on my back step which is like 10 steps from the kitchen. Every time I cooked or made a salad I would just go out and grab some fresh herbs. It made my cooking tasted divine, and it was relatively simple and cost effective. Because fresh herbs from the store are 1: not fresh, and 2: cost alot! I loved having my herb pot so much I'm going to make two or three next summer.....Porter doesn't know this yet either. I think if you try the herb pot you will be very happy with the results!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

St. George Spring Break

Italian Babymoon 2016: Venice

Italian Babymoon 2016: Florence