Bountiful Baskets


When I first heard the term "bountiful basket" I thought of baskets of food sold by a farmer who lived in Bountiful, Utah, and there was no way I was going to drive all the way up there just for a basket of veggies. Well, the basket of food part was right, but not the grown and sold by Bountiful farmers. Bountiful Baskets is actually a non-profit co-op that brings great fruits and veggies to pick-up locations all over the West. I had some girls at work talking about it, so I decided to give it a go.
You first need to go to the Bountiful Basket website, there you set up an account. With this account you can browse the pick-up locations and find on near you. Then you select what you want to get. The basic basket is $15.00, they also have different add-ons you can purchase. I hear the bread is great! However, you must purchase your basket quick or they disappear! Each location only has a certain number of them. They open up the sign-up Monday at noon MST and it closes Tuesday at 10pm, but they usually are all gone by then. Then you wait until your pick up time on Saturday!
Our pick-up time was 8:15, which for us on a Saturday is not so fun. Porter was like, "this better be worth it." Although he was a good sport and helped get us up on time. We headed down to the Valley Fair Mall with two big bags. We were not disappointed. We got so many great fruits and veggies! Two laundry baskets full to be exact. Our veggies included: chard, broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, cilantro and lettuce. Our fruits included: bananas, mangos (they were awesome!), a ton of Mandarin oranges, cantaloupe, ripe tomatoes, and apples. I was so impressed. Our fridge is now fully stocked! I'm so excited for next week because you never know what will be in your basket, it's like a little surprise every week. One more thing, since it is a non-profit, volunteers are needed to help get the baskets ready. They ask that you volunteer every 8 baskets. What that means is that you come one hour early and help distribute the food. Pretty easy if you ask me, it's just that getting up early part. I am just not an early riser. If you try bountiful baskets you will not be disappointed, I think it's fabulous!



All the baskets


Checking my name off the list

My very own Bountiful Baskets, Huzzah!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

St. George Spring Break

Italian Babymoon 2016: Venice

Italian Babymoon 2016: Florence