A Very Naughty Little Leprechaun


Did you know that my name, Erin, means girl from Ireland? Well is does! I do have some ancestors from there, so I guess it is sort of true. I know I would like go visit there for sure. My brother is living there right now, and I'm super jealous! I can't wait for an e-mail on Monday with news of the celebrations they had, plus pictures.


At my school today we had a pesky leprechaun come visit our class (ME!). All the kids made traps to try and catch him. After lunch, they set all the traps out complete with ever thing from green grapes, to mangos, and even real money as bait. When they left, I began my work. I sprung all their traps, taking all the bait and moving them about the room. Then I took paint and made foot prints all over our tables and the traps, oh! and up the mirror. I put green food coloring in the toilets then turned all the chairs upside down, threw the pillows every where, knocked over the book shelf and basically demolished the classroom.....I think I had a little too much fun!


I was so excited for the kids to come back in and see what the leprechaun had done. I imagined laughing, giggling, happy children, I was wrong. They opened the door, and came rushing in. We all were aghast with our room. Then on kid yells "He stole my candy!" (the bait for the trap) and bursts into tears. Another was upset that their trap was knocked over and had green foot prints on it. Another was crying because the leprechaun drew a smiley face on his tupper ware lid. One kid couldn't find his trap (because I moved it to the other side of the room) and had a melt down. Others were mad the leprechaun had "peed" in the toilet. I was trying so hard not to bust a gut! But I felt so bad laughing when they were all so distraught. Luckily, the little fairy left them some gold coins. It took us a good half hour to clean up, and finally every thing was right again. Although, my twin boys told me they hope they can catch that "mean little guy" so they can kill him! Oh my, such strong feelings! Maybe next year I won't be as creative. Still, it was so funny!


My super talented sister-in-law, McKenzie, came to do some traditional Irish dancing for the school. I took some video to share with you all! Enjoy!



Happy St. Patrick's Day!!





Soft Shoe





Hard Shoe

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

St. George Spring Break

Italian Babymoon 2016: Venice

Italian Babymoon 2016: Florence